Public Input on Student Activities
April 12th, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Park County School District No. 6 Board of Trustees
Cody Middle School Gymnasium
All meetings of the Park County Board of Trustees are official meetings and are not public meetings but meetings held in public. The purpose of this special board meeting is to solicit input on Park6 Activities’ spending and possible reductions to the activity budgets due to reduced state funding.
Individuals who wish to speak must fill out a form, available at the door.
Speakers will speak in the order that completed forms are received.
Approximately 40 speakers will be heard during the 2-hour special meeting.
- This event will be streamed and available online.
- Individuals wishing to give public input must limit their comments to three (3) minutes.
- Speakers will be notified by the designated timekeeper when the time is nearly complete. Time limits allow an opportunity for more people to give public input.
- Groups may select a spokesperson to represent them.
- Public input must be respectful. Profane or offensive comments will not be tolerated.
- Those giving public input must be individuals who reside in the Park 6 school district.
- Speakers must refrain from using student and employee names as this is a violation of FERPA Laws and privacy issues.
- All comments submitted to the entire board are considered public and may be released.
The State of Wyoming is facing a significant funding deficit that could result in up to a 12% or $3.9M reduction in funding to Park 6. This will have a significant impact on every school districts’ ability to provide the educational “basket of goods and services” in the same manner as we have in the past. Our district leadership has provided recommendations to the Board of Trustees and tough decisions are being made at all levels. Our next step is to consider potential cuts to sports/activities. As a district, we provide students with every athletic opportunity sanctioned by the WHSAA which is remarkable for a district our size. NO decisions regarding cuts to sports/activities will be made until after public input has been received and considered.
Estimate Activities Funding FY 2021/2022
Budget Expenditure $ 1,082,392.78*
Current Funding Model $ 873,422.13
Unfunded/ Deficit $ (208,970.65)
Expenditure as a Percentage of Funding 124%
*Activity director and staff are included in the 2020/2021 Budget Expenditure.
Legislative action may reduce funding for 2021/2022 and future years.